The Governors School for the Arts and Humanities
The Governors School for the Arts and Humanities, located downtown in Greenvilles Historic District, is a public residential high school for emerging artists. With year-round programs, the School is only one of its kind in the nation. It is the states premier school for artistically talented high school students.
- The Governors School is the first fine arts high school in the nation to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission for Community and Precollegiate Art Schools.
- Art concentrations include programs for creative writing, dance, music, theatre, and visual arts.
- Thousands of students have benefited from the Schools rigorous arts training by participating in master classes, private studio lessons, individual and ensemble study, seminars, and workshops.
- The states rich cultural heritage and diversity helps the Governors School to promote the development of new and innovative concepts in the arts and humanities.
The Greenville Technical Charter High School
The Greenville Technical Charter High School provides an education focused on rigorous academics and technology in an effort to prepare students for success in the global workforce.
- Greenville Technical Charter High School offers an academically rigorous four-year program serving over 400 students with a faculty of 29.
- GTCHS promotes a Project-Based Learning, which includes methodologies that integrate academic and technical components. Each student spends at least one-third of daily learning time in the technical laboratory or workplace learning environments.
- GTCHS offers an Individualized Program, where each student develops a four-year academic roadmap, including career goals, with the assistance of a counselor and a mentor.
- In 2005, the US Department of Education ranked GTCHS in the top 15 charter high schools nationwide.
Bob Jones Academy
Bob Jones Academy is the college preparatory high school of Bob Jones University. The Academy is known nationwide for the academic and spiritual excellence it produces in the lives of its students.
- Bob Jones Academy is located on the campus of Bob Jones University and is one of the best-equipped Christian high schools in the country.
- Although the Academy shares various campus facilities with the University, the Academy has its own quadrangle of buildings and several ancillary buildings.
Christ Church Episcopal School
Christ Church Episcopal School is a coeducational college preparatory school in the Episcopal tradition that nurtures each student’s intellectual and spiritual development, personal integrity, sense of community and self-worth through strong academic programs, comprehensive athletics, and vibrant arts.
- Christ Church offers a globally credentialed International Baccalaureate World School curriculum (grades Primer (K5 -12).
- Christ Church is characterized by a learning environment where students receive individual attention from an excellent, caring faculty.
- The current student enrollment is approximately 1,130 students, with a 10:1 student/teacher ratio.
- Christ Church has had 187 National Merit Finalists since 1972.
St. Josephs Catholic School
St. Josephs Catholic School is a private, Roman Catholic, coeducational college preparatory school that offers a traditional liberal arts curriculum.
- St. Josephs is approved by and within the Diocese of Charleston.
- St. Josephs offers small classes with outstanding faculty, along with daily religious instruction.
- 100 percent of graduates receive college acceptances.
- St. Josephs has both AP and National Merit Scholars, as well as State Athletic Championship Titles.
- The current student enrollment is approximately 678 students, with a 13:1 student/teacher ratio and an average class size of 18.
Shannon Forest Christian School
Shannon Forest Christian School is a coeducational college preparatory school that offers a complete educational program to serve the entire Christian community.
- Shannon Forest is located on a beautiful 50-acre campus in the heart of Greenvilles Eastside.
- The school operates as a ministry of Shannon Forest Presbyterian Church.
- The current student enrollment is approximately 545 students, with a 13:1 student/teacher ratio in grades 5-12.
Select Upstate Private Schools
|Agape English Language Institute||Greenville||ESL Instruction|
|Bob Jones Academy||Greenville||infant -12|
|Christ Church Episcopal School||Greenville||K5-12|
|Easley Christian School||Easley||PreK-12|
|Five Oaks Academy (Montessori)||Simpsonville||Infant-8|
|Hampton Park Christian School||Greenville||K4-12|
|Hidden Treasure Christian School||Taylors||Special Education|
|Mitchell Road Christian Academy||Greenville||K3-8|
|Oakbrook Preparatory School||Spartanburg||K3-11|
|Shannon Forest Christian School||Greenville||PreK-12|
|Southside Christian School||Greenville||PreK-12|
|Spartanburg Christian Academy||Spartanburg||K3-12|
|Spartanburg Day School||Spartanburg||PreK-12|
|St. Anthony of Padua Catholic School||Greenville||K3-6|
|St. Joseph's Catholic School||Greenville||6-12|
|St. Paul the Apostle Catholic School||Spartanburg||K4-8|
Note for a complete listing go to: http://www.privateschoolreview.com/county_private_schools/stateid/SC/county/45045
Would you like to learn even more about the Greenville area?
Please feel free to reach out to GADC today, or learn more about living in Greenville.